F

Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Oh Poop

Let's talk about cloth diapering for a moment. I love it. Aside from the tediousness of stuffing the pocket diapers every laundry day, it has really been a breeze. We haven't had a single blowout in cloth, whereas in disposable, Cash would have 1-2 blowouts a day. So, cloth saved my sanity and his onsies. Today, however, I cursed out loud.

We've started Cash on solids. breastfed baby poops and cloth diapering is quite easy. Take the inserts out and throw it all in the wash. Easypeasy. Add solids into the mix, and our routine has changed ever so slightly. Now, poop is more solid too. So, less about cloth and more about poop.

Cash is still breastfed, but he's eating 3 meals a day now. He took off with solids and baby-led weaning. My son loves his milk and he loves food equally if not more. So, poop has changed and poop now has to be dropped into the toilet before washing. There is maybe 10 steps from Cash's changing table in his room to the bathroom toilet. Usually, it's an easy chore. I say chore because poop stinks. Today, our loving fat cat decided to plop himself at my feet as I was walking those few steps to the bathroom. I lost my balance. Poop happened. I dropped the diaper and our 22 pound cat caught the poop... all over his back.

Go ahead laugh. If it hadn't of happened to me, I would have laughed.

Instead, I had to chase fatty down to clean poop out of his fur and give him a bath, all the while tending to my nearly 7 month old who only wants to be held today.

Was it enough to make me want to switch to disposable? No, but I am considering putting his changing table in the bathroom.. if only it would fit.

To say the least, it was a poopy situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment