F

Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

All Done

Sometimes we get so focused on work or things that need to get done, we aren't realizing the time needed with our children. It was so evident to me this morning.

Today, I was brainstorming, problem solving, planning and working on website details. Cash William was playing independently and I was in my zone. Some time had passed and I was still nose deep into my work, and well, Cash was wanting some one on one time with me.

At first, I told him not right now, and that I was busy. 

It didn't register to me what I was really doing. Essentially, I told my nearly 2 year old that I was too busy to give him the attention he was needing. He doesn't understand what I'm doing. He just sees me glued to a computer, and that mommy is ignoring him. He came up to me, sate beside me and rested his head on my shoulder. I told him mommy needed to finish her work, like he is really going to understand that.

He got down and played some more. He brought me a toy and I turned him away. I was busy.

The cycle continued for a little longer. I found myself consumed in my work, and I guess he saw the same. This was the moment he decided he was all done with my work.

He came up, cuddled up to me, gave me a big hug and said, "All Done!". I said, "Baby, Mommy is working.". He didn't like that answer.

Cash grabbed the laptop screen and shut it. He then said, "Allll Done!"

Sometimes we need to be, "All Done" and shift focus to our little ones. Working from home is definitely a juggle I'm still learning, but the main reason my husband and I decided for me to be a stay at home/ Work at home mom is this blue-eyed little boy. So, I might be up late tonight to finish my work on my planner tonight, but watching him learn and grow is the ultimate goal/ priority for me as a SAHM.

Put down the computer. Turn off your tablet. Log off Facebook and direct your eyes away from your phone. Be "all done" and change your focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment