F

Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

May Your Coffee Be Stronger Than Your PCS

Y'all, I ain't even kiddin'... this move is going to make me go bald (As if my hair wasn't already crazy with baby hair from postpartum shedding!). We still have a few months before we head back east, but it feels like there is so much going on in such a short amount of time, and doing it all while juggling a toddler. So, if you're PCSing soon, may your coffee bee stronger than your PCS, and remember your hair will grow back. Hopefully.

Sometimes I think, "Why did we have to buy a house?". Then I remembered it was the best for our family at the time- my husband, 2 cats, our American Pit Bull Terrier and myself; a.) you can't have 3 pets in base housing. b.) you can't have "vicious breeds" in base housing (nor do most rentals allow for them). That was nearly 3 years ago. Fast forward, we got pregnant, had a baby and our beloved Roo-Roo crossed the rainbow bridge. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a homeowner. I do not, however, love being a homeowner with a military spouse who has orders and it's time to sell the home.

We have about 5 months to get this home on the market and sold. We have a few projects that need completing. Trying to wrangle a toddler and complete the projects has been a huge challenge. My poor husband has done most of the work, and he was out of commission for about 4 days due to some pretty severe tooth pain. We pulled many late nights, and of course early mornings with the kiddo. I'm feeling jetlagged.. and we're not done. We still have 4-5 projects we're trying to finish up, most of which require my husband here to help.. so, we result to working on them only on weekends. Good news is, if we do ever finish, our house should sell somewhat quickly if the homes for sale around us are any indicator.

One thing making for a challenge is the kiddo's seizures. He still hasn't been officially diagnosed, but we have yet more tests coming up in early May. We have to get him diagnosed, or something figured out before the move, or we're starting over with a new place, new pediatrician, new neurologists.. and more headache. The good news is, he's been seizure free for about 2 weeks (possibly one small episode, but we couldn't tell). We just want answers, and less worry about him stopping breathing with some of the bigger episodes. I need some solid sleep, and I need to know everything is going to be ok... and I just can't without him getting the help he needs.

I made a mistake and tried to cut out coffee. Bad. Bad. Bad. Coffee is essential to functioning during the extreme chaos going on around here. No coffee= No filter (more than usual!). I've been rather reserved since living is this smelly, military spouse drama-filled town... but I can think of 2 times I've removed my filter. It's that time, we're nearing the end of our time here and my give-a-poop-o'meter is gone. I've momentarily reverted back to the days when I would just spout out what's on my mind, I'm pretty opinionated, and call people out on their crap. But hey, I own it. If I'm wrong, call me out. I'm not afraid to apologize if I'm incorrect.

Anyway.. I've got to find some stronger coffee.


Here are some cute updated images of Cash, he's huge now (Almost 2 years old!):






No comments:

Post a Comment